Co-Facilitator, North Burnaby
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Group Facilitator, Parents Together
Summary of Responsibilities
The Co-Facilitator supports the Group Facilitator in leading a Parents Together weekly support group.
Under the direction of the Group Facilitator the Co-Facilitator:
- Helps facilitate a weekly Parents Together group meeting.
- Fosters a warm, supportive, and confidential atmosphere for parents.
- Is well-versed in group dynamics, philosophy of the Parents Together Program and problem solving strategies.
- Completes all required documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources to meet parents’ needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A degree (BA) in counselling, social work or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Well developed verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Personal maturity and sound judgment, self-motivated, results oriented
- Well versed in group dynamics and problem solving strategies
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.