Facilitator/Job Development Coach
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Programs
Summary of Responsibilities
The Facilitator / Job Development Coach works with the Employment team to provide employment and life skills related training and support to youth and young adult clients in the Employment Now programs and other BGC employment programs in one to one and workshop settings across the region. The Facilitator / Job Development Coach supports participants to learn duties and associated behaviours related to sustainable employment and develops and delivers curriculum to achieve this. The Facilitator / Job Development Coach markets Boys and Girls Clubs employment services to employers and eligible potential participants. The Facilitator / Job Coach also develops relationships with employers and provides participants with ongoing coaching and support to develop employment opportunities and ensure a positive experience.
- Understands and works in accordance with policies, procedures, and standards as set out by Boys & Girls Clubs of South Coast BC and by various ministries to meet key performance measures and contractual outcomes.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, ensuring that curriculum and materials are updated, relevant, and meet the needs of participant groups and employer partners.
- Facilitates sector-based job search workshops to assist participants in designing self-marketing tools including resume development, cover letters, references, and interviewing techniques, etc.
- Facilitates workshops to assist participants with researching information and statistics including occupation profiles, emerging and declining sectors, education and training options.
- Assists participants with life skills, job finding strategies, and skills development through group settings and one-to-one support.
- Provides current employment related information such as labor market information, employment standards, and on-line job search strategies.
- Works with the employment team to develop, review and support participant action plans.
- Provides job development support and coaching on a scheduled and as-needed basis with individual participants.
- Introduces participants to online job search tools to access and generate job leads.
- Supports participants throughout the phases of the Employment Now Program, including the interview and employment decision-making process.
- Arranges job interviews with Boys and Girls Clubs employer partners.
- Monitors post-employment success of participants to ensure outcomes are met.
- Ensures that accurate and up-to-date program and participant records are maintained and complete.
- In consultation with the Manager of Employment Programs, monitors expenditures to ensure they are maintained within budgets.
- May work in other employment programs during high volumes and/or coverage needs as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Willing to travel and provide service at various employment service site locations in the Lower Mainland (GVRD).
- A relevant degree such as Social Work, or Education or a two-year diploma in a related field (i.e., Career Practitioner or Employment Counselling, Marketing) and related experience working in the human services field or the equivalent of education and experience working with youth and young adults.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in group facilitation in the employment services or related field.
- Experience developing and delivering employment and life skills related workshops and one to one employment coaching.
- Experience working in employment services; recruiter experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment-related support services, and current challenges facing employment seekers.
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques.
- Well-developed interpersonal, counselling, conflict resolution, oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with diverse client populations in a results-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated assessment skills.
- The following certifications and skills would be an asset: A valid First Aid certificate;Personality Dimensions Certificate
This is a full time (35 hours per week) position from with benefits after 6 months and pension after one year.
Thank in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.