START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Manager, Employment Services
Summary of Responsibilities
Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC are seeking a results orientated Job Developer who is responsible for initiating and building lasting relationships with local employers to create work experience opportunities that lead to sustainable employment for clients. The position entails securing work experience placements and paid employment opportunities as well as providing follow-up support to clients and employers in the workplace. The Job Developer plays a key role in securing work placements with wage subsidies with upon agreed upon deadlines.
- Understands and works in accordance with policies, procedures, and standards as set out by Boys & Girls Clubs of South Coast BC and by various ministries to meet key performance measures and contractual outcomes.
- Markets BGC Employment Programs to potential participants and employers.
- Maintains an excellent working knowledge of local employment opportunities via cold calling, attending networking events, engaging with local boards of trade and events in the community
- Collaboratively engages with BGC employment team and management to ensure appropriate work placements are realistic and match with client’s strengths and barriers
- Ensures that client cover letters and resumes are tailored to the type of work being sought
- Navigates and supports participants through the interviewing process
- Develops and maintains relationships with employers and updates an internal employer database
- Reviews client Action Plans outlining employment goals and defined activities for employer connections and workplace experience
- Plays a key role in securing proof of wage subsidy documentation from employers within agreed upon deadlines
- Maintains and monitors client progress to successful job attachment outcome by building a strong rapport with clients and employers, documenting client activities, providing on-going communication with employers and clients to ensure job sustainment. Identifies and resolves any placement challenges
- Uses various tracking systems to capture client and employer data and record and monitor progress
- May provide direct service in employment programs during high volumes and/or coverage needs as required.
- Other duties as required
- A minimum of 2-3 years in employment services
- A post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, marketing, psychology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management) or an equivalent amount of experience and/or education
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, excellent communication skills; possessing patience, tact, flexibility and ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to travel and provide service at various site locations
- Knowledge of current local and regional economic conditions and labour market information across range of industry sectors
- Proven ability to network and further develop our list of employer partners
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Recruiting / marketing experience an asset
- A reliable vehicle insured for business use and 2 million liability and a clean drivers abstract
This is a full time (35 hours per week) salary position with excellent extended benefits after six months as well as a pension after one year.
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.