START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Wintemute Club
Summary of Responsibilities
The One to One Worker provides one to one support to designated child/children to ensure inclusion in the program. In collaboration with parents, program staff, Program Coordinator and Consultants, the One to One Worker assists in the development of an individual program plan, and or behavioural plan as needed.
- Implements the individual program plan for designated child.
- Works as part of the team but may not be considered in the child /staff ratio.
- Participates in planning curriculum and schedule.
- Modifies the curriculum as needed to meet the needs of designated child.
- Ensures progress notes, records, charts and monthly summary are documented and filed appropriately.
- Provides regular, direct ongoing support to designated child and Club staff as directed by Coordinator.
- Provides hands on assistance to the program in demonstrating and modeling of strategies in particular behaviour management strategies.
- Responsible for monthly timesheet and recording of hours spent one to one with designated child.
- Is responsible for the safe operational use and maintenance of adapted equipment.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as directed or requested by the Coordinator.
- Attends staff-in-service workshops/external training opportunities as directed by Coordinator.
- Participates in the evaluation of the program. Provides suggestions to modify programs and pro-actively participates in planning and implementing changes as needed.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of community resources to meet child’s needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Completion of a certificate or diploma in special needs education or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e. ECE and special needs and/or behaviour management training courses with two years of experience)
- One year previous experience working with special needs children
- Proven behaviour management skills.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational, time management and general management skills.
- Knowledge of group processes and facilitation techniques.
- This position requires personal maturity and sound judgment.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- A sense of humour is an asset.
- Child Safe First Aid is required.
- Participation in BGC Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training.
- Participation in BGC Put the Child First Training.
- Willing to provide a Doctor’s Medical Clearance of Good Health and current information on Immunization Status.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
Please note, that this is a part-time position.
Thanks in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.